2015-08-27

Product and homemade enamel dots

I had a request on how I made the enamel dots.  I watched several You Tube videos and decided which would be the best for me.  I didn't have parchment paper so I used a clear glass 9x12 pyrex glass baking dish.  (I'm sure a colored, opaque dish would be fine also.)  The opaque pony beads melted better and smoother than the clear ones.  The clear ones just took a few minutes longer.  Don't melt the two different kinds in the same dish together due to time difference.

Instructions for oven: Perler beads 275 (°F) 135 (°C) 30-35 mins. Pony beads: 425 (°F) 218 (°C) 8-10 mins. Keep an eye on them. When melting the Pony beads, turn on oven fan & open windows.  Click HERE for a video that I liked.
I have white paper under my clear pyrex dish so you can see the beads better.


The MISTI
Here is my new stamp gadget that I love love love and it has saved so many stamp sentiments not being messed up.  Yes, a splurge in price but I haven't regretted it one bit.  Gosh, this thing is awesome.  I had the "thing a ma jig" that everyone else has to help place the sentiment, but this is so much easier, quicker and literally fail proof.  If I'm doing a bunch of the same card it is definitely worth it for the time.  Click HERE for a video.





7 comments:

  1. You made some! Aren't they just so pretty to look at?! Plus, you have the MISTI -- LOVE that thing! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me once again! I just finished making more dots! I think I mentioned before, I use my gas grill so it doesn't smell up the kitchen/house and I'm not breathing in the fumes. It works GREAT! I put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and directly on the grill grate. My grill has a thermometer so I can get it to the correct temp. I tried perler beads before and didn't have luck with them, but think I had the temp too hot! Thanks again for the tutorial!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have an old toaster oven that I use for clay and shrink plastic. Would be perfect to use to make the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a MISTI, too, for my birthday! It has already come in handy!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Cely, for posting the instructions. Can't wait to give it a try. Hope I can find my pony beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a new Misti a few months back and so love that I can double stamp images and sentiments...also...HMouse stamps love the Misti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sprout and I made those enamel dots long ago and I still have plenty to go! So much cheaper to make than purchase for sure. I've also seen those stamp things...they look so cool but I rarely stamp at all. But I have tons of stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.