2013-12-29

Finally, dirt being moved!

Seems like it rains every Sunday here which puts construction behind schedule. Just to catch some of you up....We are downsizing.  With Don and I having 3 back surgeries between us, we thought now was the time to enjoy and stress less about the outside house duties.  I can still garden and the community has a beautiful walking trail.  It is not at the beach which was my first wish, but that is not off the table.  I will give this a two year trial run.

This is a cottage community with craftsman style homes. It is "not" a retirement community.  I love that the community has all ages, but with certain restrictions, it really isn't too conducive for very young children.  However,  there is a public park across the street.

Here is a quick video I captured on my phone yesterday and at end of day a "still" shot.




Buil


9 comments:

  1. How exciting! I took photos of our house during the construction phases. So fun to look back at them 18 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you. It is so much fun to watch a dream come to life.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I thought you were almost ready to move in!! Guess you will have to be patient! Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I love the idea of taking photos. So excited for you and the area looks great. Happy New Year and big HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes exciting times indeed. You will have a marvellous journal of pictures by the time you move in!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We here in the UK know about rain, we get lots of it! Hard to believe that you will be living there sometime in the not too distant future :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had a house built. It'll be cool to know the whole history of your house. You'll have known it since it was a hole in the ground! Great idea to document its progress. You could even make a scrapbook!
    Thank you for your lovely comment yesterday.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Can't wait to see your new home when it is finally finished and you are moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I'm still chuckling about how your describe your soon to be new community. Well, having such a monster child, I would never be approved! I can't wait to see it fully built. I have a feeling it's going to be gorgeous! And I'm going to be way jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.