2010-09-15

Thank You Sew Much... Sledge Hammer... + freebie

       SVG CHALLENGE EXTENDED TILL FRIDAY (Sept. 19) 11:00pm
Click HERE

 My easel card is for the Bugaboo and Delightful Inspirations challenges.  The bear image is from Delightful Inspirations.  I used a Trina Clark flowers and pumpkin image.  I used watercolor pencils and copic markers, along with some glitter pens.  I did a lot of sewing and added buttons. Will add sentiment later....perhaps "Thank You Sew Much!
       Some people questioned my sanity and if I really used a sledge hammer.  Yup, you just wouldn't believe the big brads and how impossible they were to press.  The hammer gave me instant results. I also have a large rubber mallet for stained glass, but that didn't work.  I now keep the sledge hammer under my work desk and if my husband needs it, well, he can come and get it.
Size: A2 Easel card
My newest craft tool:  sledge hammer
As I sat outside in my lawn chair under the shade tree, drinking my Carolina Sweet Tea, and watching my dear husband sweat and mow the grass, I pondered as to what svg I should create.  My main purpose to being outside of course, was to provide my DH a cold glass of water, and tell him what a wonderful job he was doing, but the bugs were bothering me, so I headed inside.  The next things I saw flying were bad words, not grass....for the lawn mower pooped out!  Ahhh...let's make a lawn mower svg!  All of this is true, except I mow the grass whenever possible since I'm now retired and perhaps it's helping me burn a few calories.
Download: lawn mower   (svg)


13 comments:

  1. Your card is darling! Love the sledge hammer idea. Haven't tried that yet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! ......"siting on mylawn chair.....drinking my Carolina Sweet Tea.....husband sweating andmowing..."!!!!! I can see it in my head, and it's such a funny, funny image! :)
    Awesome card, as always! Love that mower, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cely! Thank you so much for your files. I just wanted to tell you about a new tool made by WeRMemory that opens up a brad and then flattens them real easily with one hand. I saw it yesterday (and bought it!) on HSN. I can't wait to get it. I'm tired of fighting with and shedding blood when using brads. Check that tool out on HSN.com. Again thank you for sharing your creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling, I love the background pumpkin image you paired with the bear. Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Inspiration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful card Cely! I love how you colored this image and added that background. It's fantastic! You always find the perfect combination of colors and papers to complement your card and this one is no exception. Great job again Cely. Thanks again for playing along with the Catch the Bug Challenge. It really is a pleasure to come to your blog and see your creations.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome easel card! LOVE the papers and embellishments! Thanks for being a part of the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with card, I use a wood meat mallet with my eyelets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous - love that you combined the images!Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Sep. 17, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so much fun! Thank you for playing along in the Catch the Bug Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WONDERFUL easel card! AWESOME work on the image!! So glad to have you play along again with BUGABOO's challenge at CATCH THE BUG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sledge hammer is scaring me but worth it to create such a fab card. Thanks for joining in with us a Catch The Bug this week for our Sewing and Fall challenge. Hope to see you again.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for entering Catch The Bugs Stitch in Time challenge this past week. We appreciate it so much and I love your card. Please join us this week for a special challenge helping OWH celebrate their birthday and helping make cards for Soldiers to send home as they are away. Thanks again. Tammy Miller DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.