2014-08-01

Thanks for the hospitality

My dear friends from Charleston always open the door to their home when I visit.  They engulf me with wonderful low-country cuisine, scenic tours, good conversation and a lot of laughter.  I've never gone this long in visiting and the trip was wonderful.

They, not so long ago, remodeled the bathroom I use when I visit, so this "just released" August Potty set from Doodle Pantry was perfect for a thank you card. I used one of the many images along with one of the sentiments for my card. I cut a hold in the potty part and added 3D flowers.

Join us for a fun August Challenge at Doodle Pantry starting at noon today.  

A2, pop-ups, flower punch, Sizzix pop-up card die, circle punch, ribbon, pearls

Side view

Inside view with sentiment

Close up of sentiment...main thank you is on back of card..this isn't crooked...just looks that way due to angle..lol



11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is the best! Love the flowers sprouting out of the potty. You are always so creative and this is a prime example of your talent! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "flower pot" is great! Nice colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, love the image LOL.
    I am so sorry to make you spend money, looking forward to seeing what you do with the circle burst die :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the little toilets, especially the one with the flowers. :)
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! The pink and green colors drew me in and then your card design sealed the deal! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be one of the cutest sets Laurie has ever released! Loving the pink and green combo, and the fabulous design of this card. Ooh la la ! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific thank you card for your friends! I love the colors you used and planting flowers in the potty...genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize the Sizzix die. Wonderful use of the die. oi especially like the flourish of pearls. I bought several of the Sizzix dies by Stephanie Barnard and have enjoyed making the shaped cards.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Doodle Pantry DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another cutie! How perfect for a hospitality card-would never have thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sprouting flowers are amazing, perfect hospitality card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.