2014-08-31

Fried Chicken

I laugh every time I see this image and the sentiment.  The image is "Fried Chicken" from Bugaboo Stamps. And yes, this little chick has fried her little and old a** in the sun from a young age.  I've been much better these past few years with the scare of skin cancer.  I still love the sun on my face.  I just make sure I grease up for protection.

I'm infatuated with perfecting my shaker cards....better and easier!  I placed real sand and some bling bobbles in the shaker.  I used my new Lawn Fawn "Life is Good" Stamp and Die set.

The challenge at Catch the Bug is "End of Summer"...use teal, bling and die(s).  Well, I'm headed to the beach this week for a last summer hurrah, used glitter and bling bobbles, and every shape in this card came from a die or cut from my Silhouette.

A2, copics, Lil' Inker Banner Die, cloud punch, sand, pop-ups for dimension, clear acetate

10 comments:

  1. Another GREAT card! Love the image and your coloring! The use of real sand and the colored bobbles is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer card! Beautifully done!! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a riot!!
    I would like to try a shaker card but am sort of a "chicken". lol
    I always think the stuff will leak out.
    How about a mini tut on how you did yours?
    Myrna
    p.s. hope you got the full benefit of the sun this week end

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous fun card :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!! I've only just tried my first shaker card and used a tonne of foam pads, I'm sure I did it wrong but it sort of worked and the sequins didn't fall out, can't imagine how you did it so the sand didn't escape!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't made one of these yet. This one is really nice with all the elements being on different layers! Love that little fried chicken!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun card! Love that fried chicken image, the die cuts and the neat shaker card base!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that is one impressive shaker card! Your beach scene looks amazing and the real sand is a real treat. I also love your little added crab and beach toys. Hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun, Cely! Great shaker card. Love all the little details like the crab and the sand pail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, fun card, love the summer humour and the use of real sand. Great shaker card!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.