2014-08-19

Thinking of you Vern

My SIL's father has fallen to ill health.  He has worked so hard to be independent and fight these debilitating illnesses.  I'm going to try to send cards at least twice a week to let him know I'm thinking of him.  I hope the silly cards will put a smile on his face.

This is Gus from Bugaboo.  He's one of my old time favorite cranky guys.  He has a mind of his own...just like dear Vern.  So I think they will definitely get along...haha

I'm entering the card into the BINGO challenge at Catch the Bug.

A2, pearls, corner punch, beer mug die cut from silhouette
just another angle, glitter on form
Inside



11 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is spectacular, Cely. What a great design with fabulous coloring as well as colors and the wonderful die cut you made!
    Definitely will brighten Vern's day and give him big smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE swing card. Love the wood panel front. I'm sure he will like you card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely sweet thing to do. I'm sure he'll appreciate your thoughtfulness and cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, and a lovely thing to do Cely...hugs
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure this card will put a smile on his face; it did mine! Love the sentiment, and Gus is so cute!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card and I am sure it will help lift his spirits.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny, Cely. Sure to be appreciated. Sorry to hear of his health problems but I know the cards will bring a smile. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your SIL's father, life can be pretty tough at times. This card is marvellous and I am sure it will be well received. You have a kind heart!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful of you. Gus is the perfect guy to put a smile on his face. My aunt never did receive the last card I made her - but she had the ones I sent on display in her house. I think they do appreciate them - keep sending them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a sweetie, I am sure he will love Gus and all your creations. Thanks for playing with us at Catch The Bug this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining us for our August Bingo Challenge at Catch the Bug! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.