2016-10-09

Catch Up

I was at Pawley's Island last week, only to discover Hurricane Matthew was coming our way.  Everyone had gone home (to Greenville) or was traveling on business, so it was just my brother Ray and me at the house.  I helped him tied down, and move things out of "harm's way" until we were given the demand to evacuate.  I didn't waste time, but gas stations were a challenge with people breaking rules.

I got home late, only for friends from Charleston to arrive since they also had to evacuate.  Our house was 175 miles away from brunt of storm.  My brother stayed as long as possible before he was told to "get out".

Our friends and family left today to head back to coast to assess the damage.  They were "somewhat" the lucky ones.  They are still without electricity, but wanted to get home.

The only pics I have so far are pics of the dock...before and after.  You can't insure docks, so this is a $80,000 lost.  BUT, their lives are more important.

Anyhow, I will be able to start making cards tomorrow now that company is gone.  I may be going back to the beach to help clean up if needed.  The damage to the house and yard is overwhelming.  You almost don't know where to start.



7 comments:

  1. I was so worried about you...so glad you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your safe. We are fine. We only got the tail of the storm with some rain, but no damage. So sorry to hear about the damage to your brothers place and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're safe, Cely! I was saying prayers for all of you along the South-Eastern Coast. So sorry to hear about the damage but property can be replaced. Lives are more important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! my goodness Cely, I have been wondering how you Southern people are doing, I have family in Florida and Blog friends in your parts. I'm glad to here you are safe.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about you and did praying for you and everyone on the east coast and surrounding areas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everyone is safe and that they left - not trying to outsmart the storm! Anything but a life can be replaced. I thought of you every time I saw the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, its a good thing only property was damaged!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.