2016-11-02

Holly Jolly Winter Time

....right now we are just praying for rain.  We are -9.75" below normal.

I have followed Beccy for years.  She was talented at the beginning and just keeps flourishing and creating even more if that's possible.  I've ALWAYS wanted this snowmen image.  Don't ask why I waited so long.  Literally, it haunted me and by the time I went to buy it, it was in a set of other snowmen but it was on sale.

I had a few hiccups with the construction.  I'm happy enough with the results, but not the process.  I have at least three more card ideas for these adorable Snowfolk Set.

I've pretty much finished my Christmas cards so I'm trying to stay with winter themes, but for challenges, I guess I'll pop in with a holiday card now and then.  This one is going into the Beccy's Place November Challenge - Holiday Theme.

A2, shaker card, Lori Whitlock Shaker Card Kit from Silhouette Store

lots of layers, cut out snowmen with Cameo 3 and snow globe parts

Acetate on front, snowflake button, sentiment creative in Design Studio
I also used Lawn Fawn snow background and did a wet emboss.  The lighting is terrible.  I do apologize.

11 comments:

  1. I've always like Beccy too - and just rediscovered her blog of fancy folds. Another great shaker with lovely snowy stars. I can't believe you're already finished with Christmas cards! Good for you you little over achiever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Cely! I can see why you wanted this set! Shakers are my favorite!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome card Cely, and definitely worth the effort! I absolutely love the snow-globe shape and I love the "snow" you used inside... the little stars are a fabulous touch. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute image. I like how the snowmen are really fence posts. Great idea to use them inside a snow globe shaker card.

    If you wind up with too many holiday cards, you can always save them for next year!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! You make the best shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Shaker card and shape, Cely. These snowmen are very cute.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a FABulous shaker card Cely..They are a sweet little bunch..Must take a look at the Silhouttee store this an adorable design..
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I LOVE this! The fence is so cute and the snow too, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you found this and linked! :)
    Thanks for playing slong with me!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.