2016-11-07

All things are possible....

....with coffee and mascara

The days I spent recovering from back surgery and two fractured knees, I always felt a little perkier when I attempted to dress in a fresh, crisp blouse and put on my make-up... especially my mascara.  I remember days of visiting an elderly friend in a nursing home....she had her blanket pulled up to her waist.  You wouldn't had known she had nothing on but panties under that lovely blanket for she looked radiant with all her make up on, hair styled and nails painted to the nines.   I know it is all "psyche" but trying to look pretty helps lift my spirits on sickly days...it's also helps me not be in such a Bit@#$$% mood... (my husband can contest).

So that is how I came to creating these cards.  I made 5, each being a tad different. I'm joining the HMFMC Challenge #229: Christmas or Anything Goes

A2, hook punch for holding mugs, old punches for sentiment

vellum for steam, snowy background in window, added several faces for added dimension

sentiment from Paper Smooches

Simon Says Stamp Smile die


Old Fiskar border punch...made all faces several times for added dimension
I used Lots of Pops and Cup Pop Stand dies from Elizabeth Craft as the bases, HM from the Triple CD set, window from Memory Box and mascara shape from Silhouette Store.  I made matching mugs for the front of the cards using my Cameo 3.

12 comments:

  1. I love this surprising card! You did a great job.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo what a great design and such fun cards beautiful made Cely
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful and I think I need your "psyche".
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Cely! Love the cute scene inside and grand idea of vellum for steam! And I agree...doing your hair and makeup DO make you feel better on those crappy days!

    Brenda

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always so clever with the design and the sentiments. Since I don;t wear make up much this wouldn't work for me but it really is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your house mouse cards! They always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cely, what a delightful set of cards. That little mouse in the mug is so darn cute, and your cards are too. Thanks for sharing them with us at the House Mouse and Friends MOnday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the personal touch on these cards Cely. I know what you are saying about the mascara, but I have a hard time combing my hair when I don't feel well..everyone knows to expect my hair sticking out in lots of directions if they come to visit LOL! Thanks for sharing these cuties with us at HMFMC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are excellent! I take it the little coffee bean is a stamp. And your spoon is the perfect addition. Just so much detail, with the "old style" mascara in pink my mom used. And I completely agree. When I was healing, I felt better if I combed my hair and put on a clean shirt - even though I was going no where and no one was going to see me. Even a little powder on my face and lotion on my hands. It made me not feel so "ugly" - on the inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow carolina you have been busy, love love love your mousey cards, soooooo cute !! Thanks so much for playing along with us at HMFMC !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Cely! the whole design of this is absolutely brilliant! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.