Carolina Girl (Cely)
I had a poster, similar to this card, on my classroom wall.  I left it when I retired and now miss it.  It may sound silly but the" idea behind the card" has much meaning to me.  I saw a lot of students come and go over my 33 years of teaching. When I see this card, I think of each student.  I kept the card simple because I wanted the images and comment to take center stage.  I hope you like it.  Here's my card as promised.....many people wrote and said...."whatcha gonna do with the mirror?" haha    Now you know!

Lion -  Art Impression stamp, Kitten - Meljen Designs stamp

Pop-ups for dimension,5x5, copic markers, stitching, bling


Art Impressions: Lion  (stamp)
Meljen Designs: kitten (minus the leave on ear) (digi)
12 Responses
  1. Celeste Says:

    ohhhhh soooo cute... You always have such wonderful ideas... Toooo funny


  2. Nati Tristan Says:

    That's is cute! What an adorable card! lol! The kitten is adorable!


  3. Debbie Says:

    Great idea to keep the card simple and let the images and sentiment stand on their own. So much more powerful. What a cool message to send. Have a special day, Cely.


  4. Linda Says:

    Ok, Cely, this just gave me the most amazing idea for a card.. or something.. now, off to look for the right digis to go with.. will let you know when it is ready... hehehe


  5. *CAFE Says:

    Fantastic! Love everything about it - concept is very creative! Great job on the svg mirror!


  6. Lisa R. Says:

    Wow, what a terrific idea! Love it! thanks for sharing.


  7. ArtbyAndy Says:

    What a great message with such a cute delivery. I love it!


  8. Kraftychick Says:

    This is a fantastic card - this would be perfect for my DIL's mother who is going thru chemo for lung cancer - I think I will try something similar and hang a sign on the kitten saying "Winner" or something encouraging like that! I do a card every week for her and this would be a super card! TFS!
    jackie


  9. So Cute!!!!
    Great job!
    **U**
    Nance


  10. Anonymous Says:

    I remember seeing this as a self esteme ad in a mag. Absolutey adorable the way you have re-created it.


  11. linda Says:

    Hi... OK, got the digis together, but I have to tell you, I honestly have never been so inspired to make a card! This triggered so many ways to go.
    You will see, soon, lol, what I am talking about.. but, what I need to know is this; what size would you think is the smallest this could work? (card size, cut size, etc?)
    Gotta help mom today, so this will be tomorrows project!


  12. SugarGem Says:

    Wow I just love this. I want to make one and hang it by my bed to remind myself


Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.