2011-08-28

Beach House at Pawley's Island, SC

Well, house at Pawley's Island didn't exactly escape Hurricane Irene and yeah, it could had been worse, but hurricane season is not over till end of October.  As you can see, it's a long boardwalk to the creek.  That railing was so needed and only a handful of residents qualify for the rail. Wood and labor...VERY EXPENSIVE!



Now Ray and Dawn are battling Hurricane Irene in Rhode Island.  They are without power as I write.  Other house at Litchfield By the Sea has not been reported yet.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that was/is some storm. Glad that you are okay and that the damage wasn't worse than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I cannot begin to imagine what it is like to have a hurricane ripping through. We are getting news reports of it over here and praying you are all okay over there {{{{{hugs}}}}}
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a long boardwalk! Amazing how strong the winds were to destroy that railing. And another couple of months of hurricane season left. I'm glad the damages weren't any worse, and hope that's all you'll see for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like quite the mess. I'm glad it was no worse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So relieved you are ok Cely.....those hurricanes sure are scary! Thanks for the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear! I was wondering how everything was down here for your family. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound, and I hope the clean up process goes as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear of this misfortune. We adore Pawley's Island, and we go every year! I hope you will be able to rebuild quickly and as painlessly as possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.