Carolina Girl (Cely)
        I'm allowed 2 entries to the svgcuts monthly challenge.  I met requirements, but what do you think about me entering this as one entry?  I made the glass jar svg.  I aligned and cut the jar strategically in SCAL.  I then placed the cookies and candy between 2 pieces of acetate clear sheets like a sandwich....sorta a shaker card, but the cookies don't shake. ( I cut a slit in acetate for the gingerbread man and peppermint sticks to stick out of jar mouth.)
        I was also trying for something a little old, a little primitive.  I sewed the edges along the card and on the sentiment. I used raffia to attached the sentiment, inking, glossy accents on the jelly part of cookies and silver balls on sugar cookies....just like when I was a little girl...yum yum!  I used elements from svgcuts Christmas Cookie Party Collection. ( I'm posting different angles of card to help you see what I was trying to accomplish.)

Size: A2

close up

another close up

inside of card for message



Download:  glass jar   (svg)
( I also have the jar top, but didn't attach.)

Challenges:
SVGCUTS: using Christmas Cookie Party elements





11 Responses
  1. lu Says:

    Another great file. I don't know how you do it...


  2. Deloris Says:

    OMG, what a darling card! I love it! TFS the fun jar svg.


  3. Myrna Says:

    Cely
    This is a great card. Love the idea of the cookies in the jar.
    Myrna


  4. Debra Says:

    Beautiful job Cely!!



  5. Celeste Says:

    I absolutely love love it... so creative ....


  6. That card is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to use the jar on a page about canning with the family. It's the perfect thing! Thank you.



  7. Brenda Says:

    Now that's awesome. Great job


  8. Anonymous Says:

    This is wonderful! So many uses for this.
    Your idea with the Christmas goodies is cute.


  9. Mad Crafter Says:

    This is really cool! I love the cookies in the jar:) TFS! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking With Cricut. Hope to see you back again next week.
    ~Madison (CWCDT) www.funkycards.blogspot.com


Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.