Carolina Girl (Cely)
I adore Doodle Pantry images and was a DT member for quite a while.  I wanted to join the Doodle Pantry Challenge #21 and Send a Smile 4 Kids: criteria (children, CAS, Fall colors,flat for shipping) Cute Fall/Halloween. I decided using the camouflaging die cuts technique would add some depth and interest. It's was my first time using the technique.  I can't wait to try again with much larger letters.

I used Doodle Pantry Balloon Ants set.  I masked off one ant, then I added the same image but smaller to help give dimension.  I used Doodle Pantry matching digital paper for the balloons.  I colored the larger ants with copics. There are 4 layers of the word "happy".

A2, cloud punch, "birthday" made in Design Studio, HAPPY cut using Cameo, white pen for accent marks,pop-ups for a little dimension, sewing 

Inside of card, ants stamp from Lawn Fawn

Challenges: Doodle Pantry - anything Goes
Send a Smile 4 Kids: Cute Fall or Halloween (use Fall colors)
15 Responses
  1. Sybrina K Says:

    Cute card, with an adorable front and interior! Going to have to look into this technique.


  2. What an awesome card! Love the technique!​ ​​I sa​w​ it linked at Send a Smile 4 Kids and had to come see it and your blog. I am now your newest follower and would ​be honored​ if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/​


  3. What a really cute card! I like the camouflaging die technique, and especially love the adorable line of ants on the inside of the card. Of course, I hate to see them in real life! :)

    Evelyn


  4. Deloris Says:

    What a cutie! Made me smile! The kids will love this one!


  5. NanaConnie Says:

    As I said over on the Outlawz, I love this card! :-D Fab coloring on the ants.


  6. This is a SUPER DUPER HAPPY card, love the ants and your camouflage Happy.
    Faith
    x


  7. Fabulous card, love the CAS front and the magical, pop up inside. Anyone would love this card, so love your work!
    hugs
    Gkenda


  8. Billie A Says:

    Loving the paper pieced balloons and the awesome black and tan ants.. I have to remember this next time I use their images. Darling cards. I love it.


  9. Your card is adorable. I love the paper piecing and the bright happy colors.


  10. Imke Says:

    What a fun Image and this Technique ist fabulous. I´ve not try it myself but i totally like the result.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place


  11. Lola Says:

    Love your balloon ants. This was one of my first purchases from DP. I've seen those camouflage sentiments before - but have no clue how to do it. It blends perfectly! Love the addition of the little ants inside too.


  12. Oh how adorable Cely!!! What a great technique, will have to give it a try. You also need to head over to my blog because a certain someone is a winner!! Check out my post from yesterday.

    Linda


  13. chrissy xx Says:

    Such a fun image and FABulous colouring and design Cely..
    Chrissyxx


  14. Dawn Frost Says:

    My favourite Doodle Pantry images are the Ant ones, I just love them! The way you put the trail of ants on the inside is soo perfect Cely, love it!


  15. Vivian Lake Says:

    Wonderful card! We made top 3 together at SAS4Kids. Congrats! New follower too.


Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.