2019-09-21

Hangin' Here just to say "HI"!

All little boys I've been around enjoy acting like little monkeys.  My brother is now 70 and I can remember as if it was just yesterday that he was acting like a monkey.  When I remind him of the 'good ole days', he'll give me a monkey face and sound.  He still makes me laugh.

Anyhow, Cut It Up Challenge #183 with the theme wood(s) brought back old memories which inspired me to build this card, but it will go to my grandson....not my brother.LOL  (However, I have sent him plenty of monkey cards..haha)  Now you know my secret, unless it is a seasonal card, past memories inspire my cards 90% of the time.

Every bit of this card was made using die cuts.  I bought the monkey set from Aliexpress, but when I went to get a link for my blog, the page was gone.

A2, copics for clouds and face, Paper Smooches sentiment, pop-up dots for
 dimension, dabber for edges of trees and monkey, goggle eyes

side view to show dimension

steel die set that is no longer available on Aliexpress

6 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, I do love that monkey with his silly face and googly eyes! Too cute, Cely. Great clouds and I love the story about your brother and his childhood "monkeyshines."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably one of the cutest monkey I've ever seen. Love the googly eyes you put on him. [Bunny]``

    ReplyDelete
  3. This die is so cute. Your card is just darling. Love to see you creating again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you get your inspiration from your own life! This monkey card is just too cute. The google eyes puts it over-the-top! :)

    Thanks for playing with us at Cut it Up for our Into the Woods challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so sweet and the eyes make him even more cute! Your clouds look so fluffy. And I can tell you it's not just boys, my Bit has always acted like a little monkey - and I have made her plenty of monkey cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty funny monkey for sure! Bet your brother loved it! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.