Carolina Girl (Cely)
If you follow my blog in the least, you know I usually have a story that relates to the image I choose.  In this case, I had a cockatiel name Charlie that must had thought he was a bat.  He loved hanging upside down.  Friends would come over to my house and say "Hey, what's up with the weird upside-down bird?"  I loved the little fella, but he "flew the coop" one day while I was cleaning his cage.  Obviously he loved the idea of freedom more than any love for me!...lol

Branch Birds from Doodle Pantry now comes as a Colored set along with DP and sentiments.  By participating in the June challenge at Doodle Pantry Blog, you will receive a wonderful pre-determined complete set.  Now THAT'S easy peazy!!!

A2, stitching, liquid pearls, twine
Materials:
DCWV: Cafe Caribbean embossed paper
MS flower punches (embossed), fern
Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die

17 Responses
  1. Deloris Says:

    Thanks for starting my day off with a smile. Love it!


  2. Judith Says:

    Lovely card, I love the birds :)


  3. Cheryl First Says:

    Hey, look.....you have birds in the bushes, too! lol! These three are so cute. I love the whimsy!
    p.s. I rec'd my dies today! Yipppeeee!


  4. Lola Says:

    My mom had a cockatiel...my dog ate it. No joke. It was not a good day. But your card rocks!


  5. Love the fresh colors of the green and yellow - makes for a very happy card. Simply adorable!!


  6. Dawn Frost Says:

    I just love how the vine goes right under one of the birdies! Beautiful mix of colour Cely and great story.


  7. Myrna Says:

    Cely
    Love, love, love it. The expression on their faces are priceless. Love the flourish.
    Myrna


  8. Debbie Says:

    That's my type of bird,Cely ;- ) Love the. Idea of himhanging upside down, LOL.


  9. Debbie Says:

    WNted to also say that I loved the paper and flourish you used as well, but I couldn't add that and had to make a separate comment. Problem at my end .


  10. Fabulous card, love the yellow and how you made it work, I do find yellow hard, but love it when it's handled right! Love the vine and flowers.
    hugs
    glenda


  11. AllisonG Says:

    Love your birds and always enjoy your stories behind the cards and images.


  12. What a story Cely!!! And what a gorgeous card! I love your image, of course, and that awesome flourish. Fun, fun, fun!!!

    Linda


  13. Barb Says:

    So very sweet. Makes me smile!


  14. Pat (mspfd) Says:

    Gorgeous, Cely and fun story. LOVE your fabulous detailing and gorgeous colors.


  15. Soraya Says:

    very cute card!


  16. Ruthy Says:

    Great card for that special people that make a difference in our lives, literally. Thanks a lot!


  17. Kathy W. Says:

    Oh I love that flourish die!! Great papers and design =)


Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.